Associate, Quantitative Strategic Research
The Strategic Research team at Halverson Group specializes in addressing complex marketing and business problems with insights gained from blended research approaches and data sources. We uncover unique human insights, fuel ideas, and inspire creative strategies.
This role will focus primarily on primary, quantitative survey data, but will utilize any number of data sources, including transaction data and social media data, to complement the survey data. With quantitative data being the focus of this role, a comfort level and appreciation for qualitative research methods, and how the two complement one another is necessary.
We are searching for a data-driven research professional who can participate in research projects across a wide range of industries including service, retail, durables, and CPG.
This role interacts primarily with internal staff and will have the opportunity to engage with external clients. They will be involved in all stages of research projects, including scoping and proposal development, methodological design, data collection, analytic plan development and execution, data interpretation and insights, and creation of a compelling data-driven story. This role reports to the project director.
The ideal candidate will possess a passion and natural curiosity about research and what makes people tick, along with a desire to innovate and bring the latest analytic approaches, technology, and tools to Halverson Group.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES + COMPETENCIES
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT + MANAGEMENT
- Participate in the design and development of research designs and questionnaires
- Follow and execute analytic plans
EXECUTION, INTERPRETATION + INSIGHTS
- Conduct quantitative analytics on primary consumer research studies, interpreting data, drawing conclusions while addressing sophisticated marketing implications
- Demonstrate a real curiosity when analyzing and interpreting data, formulating hypotheses and interrogating the data in order to prove, disprove or adjust hypotheses
- Make connections to other research or knowledge in order to reinforce and enhance research findings
PRESENTATION + COMMUNICATION
- Contribute to high-quality, compelling client presentations, and correspondence, demonstrating strong communication skills, both written and oral
- A naturally curious and inquisitive mind, particularly when it comes to research and data analytics
- Completion of, or working toward completion of, an advanced degree in behavioral/social science, political science, communications, or marketing research
- 2+ years of applied research experience designing, executing, and analyzing survey research
- Experience with statistical software programs such as SAS, SPSS or R (SAS experience a plus)
- An understanding of applied statistics, including descriptive, correlational and multivariate analyses
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Experience with data visualization tools and survey programming tools a plus (Tableau, Qualtrics, etc.)
- Highly detail-oriented, strong commitment to timely execution of tasks
- Within a nimble consulting firm, must exhibit a strong team orientation with the flexibility and fluidity to move between projects
HALVERSON GROUP OVERVIEW
Halverson Group is a rapidly-growing research, analytics, and strategy firm. We are experts in human behavior, fusing behavioral science with strategic analytics to help global brands understand how and why people think, feel, act and choose. We deliver innovative, actionable research solutions and strategies that work in the real world and help our partners win in the marketplace.
Halverson Group provides a sophisticated array of services to clients:
Research: What sets us apart is how we incorporate rigorous behavioral research methodologies, technological sophistication, and design thinking to deliver the deepest insights and solutions for our partners at the speed of business. Our strategic analytics team specializes in addressing complex business and marketing issues with insights gained from the application of advanced technology, data visualization tools, and custom statistical techniques to provide unparalleled solutions to our clients’ most challenging issues.
Strategy: Creating disruptive and defensible strategy, the kind that redefines competition, is a process that fuses insight with foresight. Our team of strategists has developed patented business models, uncovered billion-dollar market opportunities, redefined national retailers, and developed new business processes and revenue channels for some of the most revered brands in the world.
Tools and Syndication: Halverson Group is actively developing new primary, custom and syndicated research offerings and frameworks that address cross-industry marketing, communication, and business strategies and relevant cultural context.
PLEASE SEND RESUME + COVER LETTER TO: [email protected]